We are Cogience sàrl. Our website address is: https://cogience.com
What personal data do we collect and why do we collect it
Media – Images and Videos
- Please ensure that any uploaded images are either in the public domain or you own the rights to share them (i.e. you took the photo). If required, please make any attribution to the owner of the image.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading them with embedded location data (EXIF GPS), Visitors to the website could download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Cogience will not utilise (or request any rights to) any uploaded images except for display purposes on this website, unless explicit permission has been given by the owner.
- If you send us a message via our contact form, the entered information is stored on our website and a copy is sent to our Cogience.Info mail addresses, to enable the team to respond to your request.
- If you register for our newsletter service, your name and email address are stored on our Cogience account on the MailChimp service to enable us to send you email.
- You can unsubscribe from this service at any time, by following the link in the registration email.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
With whom do we share your data
We do not sell or share your data with any third-party for analysis purposes. However we may store some information or utilise third-party online services to protect this site:
- MailChimp – mailing lists
- Akismet – spam protection
- Google Recaptcha – spam protection
For how long do we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights do you have over your data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- To request either a copy of your submitted data or to have your data deleted, please send an email request to email@example.com. The email must originate from the (sender) requesting account, so that we can validate your request.
- For further information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org